Accounts Receivable professionals play a significant role in how businesses operate by collecting on outstanding sales. Without the work of skilled, diligent A/R professionals, companies wouldn’t be able to collect and process the cash needed to make payroll and continue operations. America’s A/R pros deserve to be recognized for the crucial, and often, thankless, role they play in modern business.
National Accounts Receivable Appreciation Day is a celebration of the people, process, traditions and value of accounts receivable in today’s business world. This national day honors the teams and individuals who work tirelessly to collect on outstanding sales and make sure that the rest of the business world can continue making payroll, paying suppliers and serving customers.
get paid late
never got the invoice
Anyone who interacts with accounts receivable (A/R) professionals should go out of their way to make the day special.
Co-workers, Supervisors and Senior Executives should:
- Bring a commemorative cake.
- Bring in coffee or show up with flowers for A/R teammates.
- Just drop by to say thank you.
- Shower A/R staff with the recognition and validation they don’t typically receive.
- Promptly pay on outstanding bills and invoices and consider including a personal note of thanks to the A/R representative.
- Tipping is discouraged.
- If no balance on National Accounts Receivable Day, send a note or gift to the A/R representative for their role in facilitating a zero balance.
- Play a brief game of “Pin the Invoice on the Ledger”
- Bash a piñata in the shape of the company’s largest outstanding debtor
- Accounts Receivable vs. Accounts Payable tug-of-war (weather permitting).
CREDIT RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Want to give a shout out to someone special in A/R? Tell us about billing and collections heroics—or nightmares—you’ve witnessed.
Invoiced helps companies get paid faster, waste less time on collections and provide a better customer experience. With more than 20,000 customers and more than $40 billion in receivables processed, Invoiced is pioneering the field of Accounts Receivable Automation. Based in Austin, Texas, Invoiced is ranked as the #1 accounts receivable solution by G2 Crowd and rated #1 in both ease-of-use and value by Capterra. To learn more visit www.invoiced.com.
© Copyright 2019 Invoiced